Please read the following instructions before proceeding to the quiz.
1. Please [LOG IN] to take this course. This is a necessary step for the system to recognize you and issue your Certificate.
2. [SCROLL DOWN] and Click on the Course Title (under Course Content) to proceed. Please ensure you watch the entire complete video as the quiz will not be accessible if the video is not completed.
3. Whenever you need to take a break, simply [LOG OUT] and close the browser. The video will resume where you left off when you log in again.
4. Please complete the Quiz after watching the video. Again please make sure the video is complete. Your Certificate will be downloadable upon completion of the Quiz. It will also be available in your Account for you to download anytime.
5. We will report your credit(s) to AIA within 10 business days after your completion of the quiz. Credits for GBCI and other associations are self-reported.
About This Course:
Increasing the quality of life and adapting to climate change within our cities is getting more important than ever before. Join a growing community of professionals whose goal is to promote, design, engineer, and implement a healthy urban environment with resilient nature.
Greenery on structures and biophilic design has been a long tradition in Europe and for two decades an increasing number of North American cities require nature on existing or new buildings. Jörg Breuning, the green roof expert for over 40 years, helps you to learn about Green Roofs, Blue Roofs, Brown Roofs, Solar Garden Roofs, Food Roofs, Roof Gardens, and any combination of the above.
Attendees will learn about different types of vegetated roofs and their necessity for sustainable urban design (benefits, from grey to green), as well as the path to sponge city and zero run-offs.
All different Green Roof types and the five (5) typical Green Roof systems will be examined, with an overview of projects from a gravel roof covered by mosses to a vertical forest with high biodiversity.
Attendees will learn about the tricks, tactics, and myths from colorful advertising brochures and how suppliers jump on the green bandwagon without solid knowledge or experience.
An overview will be provided to illustrate how green roofs are typically installed and learn what can be streamlined to reduce costs and maintenance.
Lessons learned, such as selection of roofing materials, roofing warranties, value engineering, leak detection, LEED, and green roof maintenance, will be provided.
Attendees will understand how to combine and fully integrate Solar/PV with vegetated roofs for maximum payback and environmental enhancement and make every roof a prime real estate.
|Course Title||Vertical Forest – Nature on Structures with Green and Vegetated Roofs|
|Speaker||Jörg Breuning ( Green Roof Technology, Green Roof Expert Extraordinaire for 40 years )|
|Course Codes||AIA 500UDNR|
|Accreditation||2.0 AIA LU-HSW / 2.0 PDH|