Please read the following instructions before proceeding to the quiz.
1. Please [LOG IN] to take this course. This is a necessary step for the system to recognize you and issue your Certificate.
2. [SCROLL DOWN] and Click on the Course Title (under Course Content) to proceed. Please ensure you watch the entire complete video as the quiz will not be accessible if the video is not completed.
3. Whenever you need to take a break, simply [LOG OUT] and close the browser. The video will resume where you left off when you log in again.
4. Please complete the Quiz after watching the video. Again please make sure the video is complete. Your Certificate will be downloadable upon completion of the Quiz. It will also be available in your Account for you to download anytime.
5. We will report your credit(s) to AIA within 10 business days after your completion of the quiz. Credits for GBCI and other associations are self-reported.
About This Course:
TBuilding zero or near zero net energy homes is a trending subject, and there has been a lot in the news lately about green living, and how homes can be designed and constructed in a sustainable way. Electric power is a sustainable choice that makes sense, as “electricity is the currency of renewable energy”. If the goal is to decarbonize, electricity is an effective way to do that.
Those considering either building a new sustainable home, or doing a substantial renovation to an existing home, may weigh-in the benefits of going all-electric, both from an eco-efficiency standpoint and a home efficiency perspective. And installation of solar panels and a geothermal system in conjunction allows maximizing the benefits of both technologies while enabling complete energy independence from fossil fuels. This also means freedom from costly (and rising) utility bills.
In this learning program, the reasons and potential benefits of all electric homes will be examined, with an overview of the energy-efficiency measures that can be employed to minimize operating costs. The means and methods of displacing fossil fuel with electricity will be explained. The included case study illustrates the combined benefits of incorporating solar power with heat pumps in an efficient, award-winning new all-electric home.
- Understand the reasons for, and benefits of, new all-electric homes
- Learn about energy-efficiency measures to minimize operating costs
- Absorb how to intelligently/economically displace fuel with electricity, including domestic hot water and space conditioning
- Review case study of an all-electric new construction Near Zero Energy home, with heat pumps and solar power
|The All-Electric Home of the 21st Century
|Jean-Pierre Clejan, NABCEP, IGSHPA, Technology Executive, GreenLogic Energy
|AIA 500SOLR, GBCI 0920026120
|1.0 AIA LU-HSW / 1.0 GBCI / 1.0 PDH