Please read the following instructions before proceeding to the quiz.
1. Please [LOG IN] to take this course. This is a necessary step for the system to recognize you and issue your Certificate.
2. [SCROLL DOWN] and Click on the Course Title (under Course Content) to proceed. Please ensure you watch the entire complete video as the quiz will not be accessible if the video is not completed.
3. Whenever you need to take a break, simply [LOG OUT] and close the browser. The video will resume where you left off when you log in again.
4. Please complete the Quiz after watching the video. Again please make sure the video is complete. Your Certificate will be downloadable upon completion of the Quiz. It will also be available in your Account for you to download anytime.
5. We will report your credit(s) to AIA within 10 business days after your completion of the quiz. Credits for GBCI and other associations are self-reported.
About This Course:
This learning program provides design professionals an overview of the means and methods of concrete recycling, and applications of the re-used concrete in green constructions. It also offers necessary knowledge to make informed decisions regarding the re-use of concrete. As the most-used building material, design professionals can make a meaningful environmental impact by choosing sustainable alternatives to conventional concrete.
Learning Objective 1
Learners will understand the definition of green concrete and identify the key differences in the generation of green concrete versus conventional concrete, and how the carbon footprint can be reduced as compared to using the conventional concrete.
Learning Objective 2
Learners will understand the cost implications and environmental impacts by taking into account the sustainability of the green concrete, the production process, transportation, energy usage, carbon emissions and durability.
Learning Objective 3
The learners will understand the green alternatives to conventional concrete and explore applications of green concrete.
Learning Objective 4
Learners will be able to describe how concrete can be recycled and re-used in various applications. Also, the environmental and health benefits of green concrete applications will be examined.
|Sustainable Construction using Green Concrete
|Henry Yu, PE, P.Eng. (Canada), Associate DBIA PMP, WELL AP, LEED GA,CTS
|1.0 AIA LU-HSW / 1.0 PDH