Please read the following instructions before proceeding to the quiz.
1. Please [LOG IN] to take this course. This is a necessary step for the system to recognize you and issue your Certificate.
2. [SCROLL DOWN] and Click on the Course Title (under Course Content) to proceed. Please ensure you watch the entire complete video as the quiz will not be accessible if the video is not completed.
3. Whenever you need to take a break, simply [LOG OUT] and close the browser. The video will resume where you left off when you log in again.
4. Please complete the Quiz after watching the video. Again please make sure the video is complete. Your Certificate will be downloadable upon completion of the Quiz. It will also be available in your Account for you to download anytime.
5. We will report your credit(s) to AIA within 10 business days after your completion of the quiz. Credits for GBCI and other associations are self-reported.
About This Course:
Adding outdoor dining allows a restaurant to serve more customers than if only indoor seating is available. If a restaurant is near a busy area, an outdoor dining area can draw in passersby to visit the place. This is especially in the spring and cool summer seasons, when dining outdoors is particularly desirable. In this learning program, the design of the key elements will be discussed in context of aesthetics, functionality, energy efficiency and safety. Also, the implementation of design features for compliance with the ADA Standards for Accessible Design will be discussed.
Learning Objective 1
Identify the components of outdoor dining spaces and the importance of proper sizing of spaces. The key design factors in context of aesthetics, functionality, energy efficiency, as well as safety of the customers and employees, will be examined.
Learning Objective 2
The codes and health and safety guidelines that influence layout and design will be discussed. The key design features for compliance with the ADA Standards for Accessible Design will be discussed.
Learning Objective 3
The key features of outdoor dining spaces will be discussed in context of energy optimization and water efficiency.
Learning Objective 4
Outdoor lighting and comfort factors for the wellness and health of the customers and employees will be discussed.
|Course Title||Outdoor Restaurant Dining Space Design|
|Speaker||Henry Yu, PE, P.Eng. (Canada), PMP, WELL AP, LEED GA, CTS|
|Course Codes||AIA 2303RDA-R|
|Accreditation||2.0 AIA LU-HSW / 2.0 PDH|