Please read the following instructions before proceeding to the quiz.
1. Please [LOG IN] to take this course. This is a necessary step for the system to recognize you and issue your Certificate.
2. [SCROLL DOWN] and Click on the Course Title (under Course Content) to proceed. Please ensure you watch the entire complete video as the quiz will not be accessible if the video is not completed.
3. Whenever you need to take a break, simply [LOG OUT] and close the browser. The video will resume where you left off when you log in again.
4. Please complete the Quiz after watching the video. Again please make sure the video is complete. Your Certificate will be downloadable upon completion of the Quiz. It will also be available in your Account for you to download anytime.
5. We will report your credit(s) to AIA within 10 business days after your completion of the quiz. Credits for GBCI and other associations are self-reported.
About This Course:
The WELL Building Standard is a performance-based system for measuring, certifying, and monitoring features of the built environment that impact building users’ health and well-being. In this webinar, an overview of the WELL concepts and features, as well as examples of building design elements, will be examined.
Learning Objective 1
Attendees will learn about the context and elements of the WELL concept in design, construction and operations, and how sustainable design can be achieved for maximizing the benefits in context of the building occupants’ well-being.
Learning Objective 2
Attendees will be offered an overview of critical elements contained in the the WELL Building Standard and, how implementation of its relevant design strategies can impact the mental and physical health of building occupants, as well as communities.
Learning Objective 3
Selected concepts will be examined to reinforce attendees’ understanding of the WELL concept.
Learning Objective 4
Sample architectural projects will be presented to illustrate how the WELL building concepts were applied in designs, which enhance the building occupants’ experience and their health and well-being.
|Introduction to the WELL Building Standard for Architects and Engineers
|Henry Yu, PE, P.Eng. (Canada), PMP, WELL AP, LEED GA, CTS
|1.0 AIA LU-HSW / 1.0 PDH